Are you looking for new and innovative ways to engage your students and bring your teaching to the next level? We know that the best lessons in life are often not the ones we learn at our school desks. So we can change where we learn or perhaps even how we learn and transform learning itself.
This seminar aims to equip you with the tools and techniques you need to create a dynamic and effective learning environment, and to bring out the best in your students. Our experienced teachers will share their success stories and guide you through practical exercises, helping you to build confidence in your abilities and achieve better outcomes for your students.
The course consists of five intensive working sessions:
Head, Heart & Hands
Advantages of Integral Education
- Introduction to the course
- Which are the educational challenges of the 21st century?
- What are the basic concepts of Integral Education?
- How to focus on students instead of the curriculum?
- Why we should shift education towards developing competences
Learning in Partnership with Your Local Community
- What is Service Learning?
- Why is actively engaging students important?
- Why is it important to be rooted in your local communities?
- Examples of successful projects
- How to start your own Service Learning project
Nature as Classroom
Outdoor Education & Experiential Learning
- How to bring children closer to nature in our fast-paced lives
- From introducing small experiential elements to full blown outdoor adventures.
- Principles for designing experiential work
- Examples of activities and events
Activating Your Students
Project Based Learning in Practice
- How to encourage competence development through Project Based Learning (PBL)
- Examples of good practice: PBL in secondary school
- Workshopping your own project ideas
Teaching for Life
Student Mobilities & Volunteer Work
- What can we learn outside the classroom?
- How can mobilities, field trips and volunteer work prepare students for life?
- Example of good practice: encouraging active participation of students on field trips - how to involve students from planning to evaluation?
- Example of good practice: volunteer work (field practicum) as part of secondary school curriculum
What is Included in the Course Package?
- full-board accommodation, including breakfasts, lunches & dinners,
- all course fees, contents and materials,
- a day trip around Slovenia,
- a guided afternoon tour of Ljubljana,
- all other extra activites & fun social programmes,
- coffee and other refreshments throughout the course,
- additional support by our team before and during the course
Price of the Course Package: €1,300
EARLY BIRD OFFER until MAY 30, 2023:
FURTHER DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE in the case of TWO or more participants from the same school!
For more information, see other sections of the website.