Chances are, you probably know the price, because you got here after seeing the prices. In case you don’t know let’s start our really clear:
We hope, we can all agree that this is a real bargain. An intensive and practical one-week seminar complete with personalisation possibilities and numerous networking opportunities, accommodation and full board, enrichment programme you will not be able to forget very soon – all of that for 1.300€. We want to let you know about two wonderful opportunities.
We realise that this must be starting to sound like a scam but we assure you, it isn’t. There are two reasons for that:
- We have a lot of fantastic partners and we will probably be able to subsidise the course fee to a number of participants. We will prioritise the attendants from the Balkans region that cannot apply for an Erasmus+ grant for teacher trainings and the attendants who are not applying through their schools. (In contacting us, please specify that you are interested in securing a reduced price and we will let you know more.)
- And the Erasmus+ Grants are the second opportunity we want to tell you more about. The EU places a great emphasis on the professional development of teachers through international mobility. Every year the Key Action 1 of the Erasmus+ programme is dedicated towards this.
Here is a little bit more about the Eramsus+ programme:
So, you can apply with your school to an Erasmus+ Tender at your national agency. You will find an online application where you will need to explain a lot of information in detail. And among other things you will add a structured course in Slovenia in the duration of 7 days. Based on these inputs the application form will calculate the grant for this seminar. That will go a little bit like this:
7 days of a structured course - 7 x 70€ (course fee)
7 (+ 1 travel) days of living costs in Slovenia - 8 x 126€ (subsistance)
travel to Slovenie based on the distance, but for most - 275€ (travel)
each mobility comes with some extra expenses - 350€ (organisational support)
total grant of: 2.123€
So, there you have it. You can get a little over 2.000€ for the seminar that costs 1.300€. And you get to keep the change. Obviously you will need to get to us somehow and that will cost you. Whatever you save, you can use to further develop your school, buy new materials in-line with the project idea, organise additional trainings …
Does the money just fall into my lap from heaven/Brussels?
No it does not. You need to do some work. You need to prepare a project, you need to fill out the application form, you need to submit the application and get it approved. This does take some time and effort but in our experience it is well worth it.
So, how much time will I invest and what returns will I reap?
It really depends on you. We were fortunate enough (well, skill played some part as well) and we got 5 projects in the past 5 years. In total that enabled us to send out 81 teachers and we got around 170.000€ for all the seminars. We have quite a competitive selection in Slovenia where around a third of the project proposals are accepted in Key Action 1. This varies from country to country.
How do I go about writing a project proposal?
Great question. There are several ways to approach this. And realisticly this page really is not the place to get all of the infrormation on this. We would need to go a lot more in depth. You need to start soon. The deadline is February 5th 2019. The project is extensive and you need to do quite some planning and even the writing takes some time. But you can get some help doing this.
OK, who can help me?
You have your Erasmus+ national agency, perhaps you have a partner school that has done something similar. And if noone else, we can also help you out a little bit.
What can you do?
Glad you asked. 🙂 We actually have 3 things we can offer you. This is going to sound a lot like a sales pitch but the ending will perhaps surprise you a bit.
- We can send you a PDF short step-by-step guide with all the links you will need and a check-list to follow.
- We have started filming YouTube tutorials on project planning for our partner schools abroad that were interested. We can send you the link to the private videos.
- To a limited amount of you (I fully realise how very commercial like this sounds) we can help you “proof-read” your applications and give you some advice. (Obviously there are some limits to this activity.)
OK, enough with the sales pitch already. How much do you charge for that?
Right. Where’s the catch?
We are a school. We are not an application writting agency. You might find one of those to help you. But we have a bit of a beef with them, because we see the vast majority of them in it mostly fort he money. We don’t have a problem if people make money but if you get a project just to get the money, you are missing out on a lot of opportunities for improvement andadvancecment.
Let’s put it more simply:
- We have received a lot and a lot of people and organisations have helped us along the way.
- We want to share some of what we have.
- And we have some know-how about international projects – their planning, running and also applying with them.
- We hope to share with you also our knowledge on the seminar topics, so we want to see your applications succed and welcome you to Ljubljana.
So really feel free to:
Or you can check out all of our seminars: